Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day
Thanksgiving holiday was not celebrated annually until the 19th century. One of the presidents moved thanksgiving a week before it was supposed to happen. Then another decided that it should be on the fourth Thursday of November every year. What we eat for thanksgiving is not what they ate. They originally ate deer and probably plain cranberries not a sauce of it. They did not have turkeys, potatoes, or pumpkin because for one potato were not introduced to England around that time.
I think that this day is great because it shows that everyone can get together and be one.
12 things I am grateful for are:
ü My family
ü Friends
ü House
ü Food
ü Happiness
ü Clothes
ü Bed

ü And a lot of other things I can’t think of but I know there is more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment